Our daughter (and Summer's sister), Sienna Vaughn, died suddenly of Fentanyl poisoning on February 19th, 2023.
Sienna was a 16-year-old Junior at Plano Senior High School, in Plano, Texas.
Sienna was a wonderful young woman who impacted many people around her through Girl Scouts, Cheer, and school. She loved listening to music, hanging out with her friends and playing with our cats.
Her life was tragically taken much too soon, and she is greatly missed.
Sienna made the mistake that many other young people across the country are making far too often. She took what she thought was a prescription Percocet with her best friend, whom she trusted. Unfortunately, this pill, which was purchased by her friend from a dealer at school, was laced with a fatal amount of Fentanyl. When we discovered her, approximately an hour after taking the pill, it was too late.
Taking a prescription pill that someone gave her was a mistake, but this should NOT have been a fatal error. With Fentanyl-laced fake prescription pills in circulation, people are not getting a second chance.
We will work with local officials to get lifesaving Narcan into schools and engage with organizations that are focused on this crisis.
Sienna's loss will hurt forever, and she will be missed by so many. We thank our family and friends for the outpouring of love and support that has carried us through this unimaginable time. We will never forget your kindness and generosity.
Ryan, Stephanie and Summer Vaughn
We have created a fund on GoFundMe: Sienna Vaughn Memorial & Advocacy Fund
Your donations will honor Sienna's legacy by supporting these efforts to save the lives of other children.
Thank you for your support.